Teaching Assistant Level 3
Term time only, 35.5 hours per week
(08:30 – 16:00 Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri and 08:30 – 16:15 Wed)
Salary: £21,166 – £22,462 FTE (Grade 4 Point 11-14)
Actual Salary: £17389 – £18,454
Sir Stanley Matthews Academy is a Good school with outstanding Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare, which is defined equally by its high academic achievements and its warmth and inclusivity.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and caring Teaching Assistant to join our highly dedicated SEN team. Duties will include preparing, delivering and tracking high quality interventions under the direction of the SENCO and teaching staff.
We can offer you:
- the opportunity to join an excellent pension scheme;
- caring, well behaved and motivated children;
- friendly and hardworking colleagues;
- regular training opportunities;
- a vibrant and diverse environment where everyone is valued.
We are seeking candidates who are:
- committed to the education and well-being of all the pupils in our school;
- able to work well as members of a team;
- hardworking and highly motivated;
- full of drive, imagination, creativity and initiative.
- Hold NVQ Level 3 in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools or related area, an equivalent qualification or be willing to work towards Level 3 in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills supported by relevant qualifications.
- Have confidence in dealing with a wide range of people.
- Be approachable, enthusiastic, supportive, resilient, patient and understanding.
This is an exceptional opportunity to play a role and make a difference to the future of education with an academy that is ever improving. If you share the academy’s vision and ambitions, possess a strong desire to work within an ethos of creative collaboration and partnership and want to have a positive impact on young people, families and our community, then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Completed application forms along with a covering letter (of no more than one side of A4) should be sent to Louise Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 31st January 2020
Interviews to be held: Tuesday 4th February 2020
Ormiston Sir Stanley Matthews Academy is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours, which flow from the Ormiston Sir Stanley Matthews Academy ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks. Ormiston Sir Stanley Matthews Academy supports Equal Opportunities.