Arrangements for applications for places at the Ormiston Sir Stanley Matthews Academy will be made in accordance with the Local Authority’s co-ordinated admission arrangements and will be made on the Common Application Form provided by the relevant Local Authority; http://www.stoke.gov.uk/admissions
To download a copy of our Admissions policies, please click here.
Process for In-Year admissions
Families that move to the area or want to move their child to a different school.
- Parents can contact the academy directly.
- An application form can be collected from the academy reception.
- The form is to be completed by the parent and signed. If the move is from a Stoke-on-Trent school the form needs to be completed by the students’ Head of Year/Head Teacher.
- If the year group in question is full and parents request to go on a waiting list, the academy will inform the Local Authority, who retain the academy’s waiting list.
- The decision is then made by the Vice Principal. Parents will be contacted to arrange a meeting with the relevant member of staff (HOY).
- Should you require any further information, please contact Jackie Alcock during office hours 8.30 a.m. – 4.30 pm.