Ormiston Sir Stanley Matthews Academy has teamed up with education charity Future First to harness the talents and experience of alumni to support current students through “old school tie” networks.
We are looking for former students who are either in established careers or who have recently left OSSMA and are currently in further education, who would like to join our alumni and become an education role model, a mentor, a work experience provider, governor or helping at the occasional fundraising event.
What is an Alumni?
Alumni is a term used for a mixed group of students who have graduated from school/college/university. They will often want to share their story in terms of job/career path with the institutions they have left.
Alumni reunions are popular events at many institutions. They are usually organized by alumni associations and are often social occasions for fundraising.
Some areas you may want to share are:
- About you – interests? Where you grew up? Where are you now? Family?
- Why did you choose you career/job/university?
- What was the best bit about living and studying in City/Country/Town?
- What top tips would you give to students who are beginning their studies/career path?
- What are you up to now? How did you get there?
- How has your studies/career choice/job helped you?