“The school develops articulate, self-assured learners who have a real pride in their school and their appearance. They thrive, academically and socially, in a warm and trusting environment.” Ofsted 2017
At our academy the health, safety and well-being of every child are our paramount concern. We listen to our pupils and take seriously what they tell us.
Our aim is that children will enjoy their time as students of this academy and therefore make the best progress possible.
We work in partnership with you to ensure your child achieves their full potential and make a positive contribution.
Safeguarding goes beyond the contributions made to child protection in relation to individual children. Our objective is to provide a safe environment for all young people to learn and reach their full potential.
To achieve this objective we have systems in place designed to
- Prevent unsuitable people working with children and young people,
- Promote safe practice and challenge poor and unsafe practice,
- Identify instances in which there are grounds for concern about a child’s welfare, and initiate or take appropriate action to keep them safe
Our Child Protection Officers are:
- Mr Ian Wright (Child Protection Officer)
- Ms Angela Fleming (Assistant Principal)
- Mr Mark Stanyer (Principal)
The Record of Concern document can be downloaded from the link below:
Various safeguarding policies and guidelines can be downloaded from the links below.
A selection of training Power Point presentations can be downloaded below.