OSSMA operates a strict uniform policy in Years 7-11 and it is important that Sixth Form students appreciate their part in demonstrating, by their demeanour and appearance, that OSSMA is a working environment.
The dress code for Sixth Form students is ‘Office Smart’ to reflect the 21st century office environment in which we all work. This means that, other than in lessons which require specific clothing and/or safety equipment, students are to be dressed in a manner in keeping with the standards reasonably expected in a smart office environment in paid employment outside school. Thus, the dress code for OSSMA students is:
- Male students to wear shirt, tie, jacket, trousers, shoes.
- Female students to wear smart trousers, dresses, skirts, tops along with a jacket and shoes.
- Jackets to be worn at all times in the corridors and public spaces.
- No leisure wear (e.g. T-shirts, trainers), except for those wearing the authorised PE kit for Sixth Form – bring a change of clothes for other lessons.
- No denim.
- No coats, hats, earphones, or headphones to be worn inside the building.
- Skirts to be of a suitable length for the working environment.
Any student who is unsure as to the suitability of an item of clothing is advised not to wear it without first checking its suitability with the Head of Sixth Form.
Any student not complying with the dress code will be sent home to change.