We know the impact of the current coronavirus will affect all of us in very different ways. It is possible that the academy can either offer assistance in some circumstances, or signpost students and families to other agencies that can help.
Contacts for Fuel Poverty and Food Bank assistance:
More information can be found on their website https://www.thehubbfoundation.com/our-covid-19-response/ or can be contacted via email at [email protected] or by phone on 01782 664000.
If you have any questions or concerns over your child’s emotional wellbeing and mental health at school, please contact the relevant Head of Year:
- Year 7 – [email protected]
- Year 8 – [email protected]
- Year 9 – [email protected]
- Year 10 – [email protected]
- Year 11 – [email protected]
We are here to help and advise! As part of our support package, we have put together a Pupil Self Care Booklet if pupils are struggling with anxiety and coping in the current situation and also a Parent Support Pack signposting to different agencies who can help with things like mental health, benefits, housing and money advice.
Contacts for external support agencies linked to mental health:
- Changes – http://www.changes.org.uk/
- Young Minds – https://youngminds.org.uk
- CAMHS – https://www.combined.nhs.uk/
- Dove – https://www.thedoveservice.org.uk
- Arch – https://www.archnorthstaffs.org.uk/
- Combined Wellbeing – https://combinedwellbeing.org.uk
Other contacts for support:
- Childline – https://www.childline.org.uk/
- Samaritans — https://www.samaritans.org/
- The Mental Health Support Team (MHST) 07708318356
- NSPCC – 0808 800 5000 email [email protected]
- New Era (Domestic Abuse) – 0300 303 3778
- Or pupils can use OSSMA’s own support network:
Type ORM2, your message to 07860021584.