Our Year 7 parents consultation evening is on Wednesday 11th December 2013 3.30pm to 7.15pm
Message from the Principal
At Ormiston Sir Stanley Matthews Academy we go the extra mile for our young people. The academy is committed to achieving our vision of:
- High quality teaching and learning
- Raising academic standards
This year has been an extremely successful year at the academy and our results reflect this.
- 72% achieved 5 A* - C including English and Mathematics.
- 98% achieved 5 A* - C.
- 81% of pupils have achieved Mathematics A* - C.
- 74% of pupils have made expected levels of progress in Mathematics.
- 75% of pupils have achieved English A* - C.
- 73% of pupils have made expected levels of progress in English.
All these results are significantly above the National Standards.
Our academy has improved dramatically in a very short time and will continue to drive up standards. This will enable our young people to achieve the examination results that will equip them for the rigours of modern life and have no ceiling on their aspirations.
Mark Stanyer, Principal
Ormiston Sir Stanley Matthews Academy is "Good with Outstanding features"
The new Ofsted framework expects very high standards and our judgement shows that we deliver a high quality education day in day out.
We are one of only three schools in the City that have outstanding features and OSSMA is so proud of how far it has come in less than three years.
To access the Academy's online homework calendar please click below: